Parrot also often outlive their owners. Parrot usually live longer in captivity than in the wild because they are less likely to encounter predators and disease while living in a home.
Parrots are special because many species have the potential to be with you for your entire life.
The larger the Parrot, the longer the expected lifespan is. Listed below are some estimated lifespans for common parrots and based on a healthy Parrot kept under ideal conditions of Parrot
- African Gray Parrot Lifespan 40 to 60 years
- Amazon Parrot Lifespan 25 to 75 years
- Budgerigars Parrot Parakeets Lifespan 5 to 18 years
- Caiques Parrot Lifespan Up to 50 years
- Canaries Parrot Lifespan 10 years
- Cockatiels Parrot Lifespan 10 to 15 years
- Cockatoos Parrot Lifespan 20 to 60 years
- Conures Parrot Lifespan 10 to 30 years, depending on the species
- Eclectus Parrot Lifespan 30 to 50 years, or more
- Lorikeets Parrot Lifespan10 to 30 years
- Macaws Parrot Lifespan 30 to 50 years
- Senegal Parrot Lifespan Up to 50 years
- Pionus Parrot Parrots Lifespan 25 years