Each article is a single question/answer topic:
Veterinary Q&A Archive
- Anal Sac Disease - What do to when your pet scoots!
- Anthrax - Veterinary and human information about this much-talked-about zoonotic disease.
- Aspirin - Can you give a pet aspirin? Read the answer to this common question.
- Benadryl - Is Benadryl safe for cats and dogs? Learn about the uses and precautions you should take with this drug.
- Catnip - Is Catnip safe? Why do some cats go crazy with Catnip?
- Chocolate Toxicity - How much is too much?
- Dental Health - Do pets need their teeth cleaned? Yes! Learn about pet dental health, and how to keep your pet's teeth healthy.
- Dietary Indiscretion - Why do dogs (and cats) eat the things they do? We may never know all the answers to this seemingly simple question. Probably because it smelled good, they were hungry, or just plain curious. Is it something you should be concerned about? Maybe.
- Feliway® Use in Cats - What is this pheromone product about? Does it work?
- Be Free of Fleas - Part I Flea life cycle.
- Be Free of Fleas - Part II Flea control and eradication.
- Help! I need a diagnosis!- What the Internet can and can't do for pet owners.
- Hemorrhagic Gastroenteritis (HGE) - HGE, or Hemorrhagic Gastroenteritis, is a potentially life-threatening diarrheal disease with no known cause. Learn about this disease, and why it is important to seek veterinary care early for a successful recovery.
- Holiday Emergencies- Tips for when your pet is sick and your vet's office is closed or on holiday schedule.
- Hot Spots - How to keep your dog cool when skin irritations flare up.
- Itching, Scratching, and Hair Loss - Why does my pet itch?
- Lipomas (fatty tumors) - A common lump in dogs, occasionally seen in cats. It is always advisable to have every lump checked out by your vet.
- Neutering - Learn about this common surgery, also known as castration, and why it is important for the health of your pet.
- Pancreatitis - Fatty foods and other risk factors for this disease. Find out what to watch for.
- Parvovirus - Learn about this potentially deadly disease in dogs, and what you can do to protect your best friend.
- Poisonings - Learn how to identify a possible poisoning, and how to keep your pet safe.
- Rabies - Health alert information about this fatal viral disease that is transmissible to humans.
- Salivary Gland Cyst - Learn about this condition also called sialocele or salivary mucocele.
- Seizures - How to identify a seizure and what medications are available to control seizures.
- Senior Cats - The feline senior years -- what to expect, when to call the vet.
- Senior Dogs = - The canine senior years -- what to expect, when to call the vet.
- Should I Call the Vet? - Is my pet really sick, or should I wait to call the vet?
- Spaying - learn about this common surgery, and why it is important for the health of your pet.
- Torn Toenails - How to take care of torn and cut-too-close toenails.
- My Stinky Dog - What to do when shampoo isn't enough...
- Why Does My Vet Do That? - Answers to common questions about veterinary care in general.
- Zoonotic Diseases - Diseases that are transmissible between animals and humans.
More Answers To Veterinary Questions
- Be Free of Fleas! Part II
Make the fleas flee! Learn about the variety of flea products that are available today, and why using a combination of products is essential to be flea-free.
- Be Free of Fleas! Part I
A discussion of the flea lifecycle, and why it is important to understand for total flea control.
- Danger Lurks In Your Home And Garden!
The team at Farnam Pet Products discuss pests that pose health risk to pets and humans. Parasite illustrations included. First in a 5 part series on pet parasites.
- Should I Call the Vet? - Part I - Is my pet really sick, or should I wait to call the vet?
- Should I Call the Vet? - Part II - Arthritis in pets, excess water drinking, and spaying older animals.
- Should I Call the Vet? - Part III - Bad breath, dental anesthesia, cat urinary problems.